Saturday, November 17, 2007

Safari!



I must apologize for not being diligent about keeping this blog site up to date! I've been in Tanzania now for two months and much has happened in that short amount of time! The first weekend in November, eight wazungus, myself included, set out on a safari to Ruaha National Park; a three hour drive west of Iringa. I had always thought it'd be neat to go on an African safari, although I have to admit, the idea of sitting in a vehicle looking at animals all day didn't sound overally appealing. I quickly changed my opinion, however shortly after seeing the first giraffe! Seeing these animals up close in their natural habitat is absolutely amazing! We were very fortunate and got to see many different animals -including four out of the "big five" (lions, elephants, buffalo, and a leopard -there are no rhinos in Ruaha!) We had a wonderful time, I would recommend an African safari to anyone coming! Two highlights from the trip included seeing a pride of lions devour a freshly killed zebra, and spotting a leopard who was mid hunt, stalking an impala!
And that is all I'm going to write about our safari...I had written a nice, long blog entry and was just waiting for the internet to be fixed to post it, when, quite suddenly, my memory stick decided to spontaneously delete everything that was on it. bye bye music, bye bye blog entry!

No comments: