Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back in Canada!

I realize this is a little late in coming...but I'm back in Canada! I arrived on June 2nd, had two days of debriefing in Stouffville, then made my way home on the 5th. The re-adjustment has gone smoothly so far -no major reverse culture shock- certain things just stand out more! A few days after I arrived, after getting over the jet-lag, I started an organic chemistry course via distance studies (sounds like fun, I know!) Organic chemistry was the only pre-requisite course I needed to get into a nursing program at McGill, so I'm doing it over the summer! I got an email on my last day in Tanzania letting me know that I had been accepted into the direct-entry to a master's of nursing program in Montreal! It looks like I'll have to wait at least three years before being able to head back to Tanzania...but I'm excited at the prospect of returning as a nurse!


baby Cliff :)
I got to spend last week with my brother and his wife (Wade and Erryn) and their new son, Cliff! The cutest little newphew!! I found out that they were expecting while I was away, and was very excited to get the news on May 14, 2008 while in the village that Cliff had entered the world!
Thank you for sharing in some of my African adventures -I'll be sure to let you know if/when I return!

1 comment:

ruth said...

It's great to have you back! Please keep a little spot of time open for us when you are in London over the long weekend. We might not be around on Sunday...We would LOVE to see you again as our paths might not cross again. Ruth Sharpe